20385 64th Avenue
Langley, BC V2Y 1N5
Executive Director: Ray Sawatsky
Board Chair: Reginald Allatt

Charitable Reg. #:89024 0997 RR0001

STAR RATING

Ci's Star Rating is calculated based on the following independent metrics:

🔓
Unlock Charity Ratings

FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

Audited financial statements available only upon request.

C+

RESULTS REPORTING

Grade based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

n/r

DEMONSTRATED IMPACT

The demonstrated impact per dollar Ci calculates from available program information.

NEED FOR FUNDING

Charity's cash and investments (funding reserves) relative to how much it spends on programs in most recent year.

89%

CENTS TO THE CAUSE

For a dollar donated, after overhead costs of fundraising and admin/management (excluding surplus) 89 cents are available for programs.



My anchor

Programs

About Global Aid Network:

Global Aid Network (GAiN) is a worldwide humanitarian relief and development organization, based in Langley, BC, dedicated to bringing hope and tangible help to the poor and the suffering. GAiN’s mission is to demonstrate the love of God – in word and deed – to hurting and needy people around the world through relief and development projects.

GAiN has three main program areas: Water for Life Initiative, Relief & Development, and Women & Children. It is not clear how funds are allocated among these three programs. The Water for Life Initiative provides clean water through funding the construction of wells, as well as hygiene and sanitation training to people in Benin, Tanzania, Togo, Ethiopia, and Thailand. The Relief & Development program provides disaster relief and support for refugees and orphans. GAiN’s programs for children focus on providing basic necessities, education, counseling, spiritual care, and assistance for children with special needs.

 

My anchor

Finances

Global Aid Network had donations of $4.1m, including $82k in donated goods-in-kind, and total revenue of $5.2m in F2018. Administrative costs were 8% of total revenues and fundraising costs were 3% of donations (excluding $295k received from the related Power to Change Ministries). Total overhead of 11% is within Ci’s reasonable range. GAiN has $2.4m in funding reserves that can cover 53% of F2018 program costs. Although it reports $523k in fundraising and administrative costs in F2018, the charity has not reported any paid employees on its 2018 or 2019 T3010 filings with the CRA.

 

Financial Review


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending June
201820172016
Administrative costs as % of revenues 8.0%7.9%8.3%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 3.0%5.0%3.5%
Total overhead spending 10.9%12.8%11.8%
Program cost coverage (%) 53.1%56.7%67.5%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201820172016
Donations 4,0563,3103,153
Goods in kind 82223137
Government funding 9831,129788
Other income 564386
Total revenues 5,1764,7054,163
Program costs - International 4,4364,1473,216
Program costs - Canada 000
Administrative costs 412370346
Fundraising costs 11114080
Total spending 4,9594,6563,642
Cash flow from operations 21749521
Capital spending 944
Funding reserves 2,3562,3532,170

Salary Information

Full-time staff: 0

Avg. Compensation: $0

Top 10 staff salary range:

$350k +
0
$300k - $350k
0
$250k - $300k
0
$200k - $250k
0
$160k - $200k
0
$120k - $160k
0
$80k - $120k
0
$40k - $80k
0
< $40k
0

Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2019

My anchor

Comments & Contact

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Charity Contact

Website: www.globalaid.net
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Tel: 604-514-2026

Print