You may also like:
St. Paul's Foundation of Vancouver
Supporting compassionate care, research and teaching at all Providence Health Care hospitals.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Vancouver, BC
Peace Arch Hospital Foundation
Quality health care. Close to home.
Health - Hospital Foundation
White Rock, BC
Canuck Place Children's Hospice
Embracing life
Health - Palliative
Vancouver, BC

Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation

330 E Columbia Street
New Westminster, BC V3L 3M2
President & CEO: Jeff Norris
Board Chair: Doug Eveneshen

Charitable Reg. #: 11912 8866 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Results Reporting

Grade: C-

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements available only upon request [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2014 2015 2016
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #10

Avg. Compensation $91,450

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 1
$80k - $120k 6
$40k - $80k 2
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation:

Founded in 1978, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation (RCHF) raises funds for patient care and equipment at Royal Columbian Hospital. Royal Columbian Hospital is one of twelve hospitals constituting the Fraser Health network. The hospital cares for people with cardiac, trauma and brain diseases, serving a population of 1.7 million from Burnaby to Boston Bar. It is also a teaching hospital and a UBC Clinical Academic campus.

In F2015, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation allocated $1.6m to the hospital. Royal Columbian Hospital is the only hospital in British Columbia with cardiac, trauma, neuroscience, maternity and neonatal intensive care units all on one site. It has one of the busiest emergency rooms as well, serving 70,000 people every year. To date, RCHF has funded 950 open heart surgeries, 2,300 angioplasties and 1,150 cardiac surgeries.

Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation is in a $9.1m fundraising campaign to build the new Mental Health and Substance Use Wellness Centre. The centre will have 75 psychiatric beds and 12 outpatient clinics. Through previous fundraising campaigns, RCHF built a multipurpose intervention suite for $951,139 and bought new blood filtering equipment for $1.7m.

Financial Review:

Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation is a Mid-Cap charity with donations of $3.3m in F2015. Administrative costs are 16% of total revenues and fundraising costs are 24% of total donations. Total overhead costs come to 40%, falling just within Ci’s reasonable range. RCHF has funding reserves of $12.6m that can cover program costs for 7.8 years. Excluding donor-endowed funds of $1.4m, funding reserves can cover program costs for 7.2 years.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by the charity. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on July 28th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 15.5%28.6%22.2%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 24.2%32.5%26.8%
Program cost coverage (%) 779.2%562.3%808.1%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
Donations 3,306,5312,704,6833,441,729
Business activities (net) 859,829848,107784,397
Investment income (256,835)944,903990,903
Other income 109,788055,940
Total revenues 4,019,3134,497,6935,272,969
Grants 1,614,4512,147,3711,400,838
Administrative costs 661,8951,016,765952,158
Fundraising costs 801,315877,784921,649
Cash flow from operations 941,652455,7731,998,324
Funding reserves 12,580,08812,073,67211,320,132
Note: Ci allocated salaries and personnel services costs to administrative costs and fundraising costs proportionally, based on the charity’s CRA T3010 filings. The charity did not provide financial statements for F2014 and F2013.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top