You may also like:
Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Inspired by Research. Driven by Compassion.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Ottawa, ON
Trillium Health Partners Foundation
Your health. Our passion--for life.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Mississauga, ON
United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington
To build and strenthen our community
Fundraising Organization
Kingston, ON

University Hospitals Kingston Foundation

55 Rideau Street, Suite 4
Kingston, ON K7K 2Z8
President & CEO: Denise Cumming
Board Chair: Colleen Lawrie

Charitable Reg. #: 82021 8147 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Results Reporting

Grade: C+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #24

Avg. Compensation $91,876

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 1
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 4
$80k - $120k 5
$40k - $80k 0
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About University Hospitals Kingston Foundation:

Founded in 2005, University Hospitals Kingston Foundation (UHKF) raises funds for patient care, equipment, research and teaching at Kingston General Hospital, Providence Care Hospital and Hotel Dieu Hospital. In 2014, UHKF merged with the hospital foundations of the three hospitals to operate under the name of University Hospitals Kingston Foundation.

In F2015, University Hospitals Kingston Foundation allocated $5.5m to the hospitals. It gave $2.9m to Kingston General Hospital, $1.6m to Hotel Dieu Hospital and $1m to Providence Care Hospital. UHKF funded the new building of Providence Care Hospital, a mental health and rehabilitation facility which has 270 private patient rooms. Doctors at Hotel Dieu Hospital performed 185 hip or knee replacements in F2015. The hospital served 548,973 patients in F2015. University Hospitals Kingston Foundation reports that it saved $800,000 in energy thanks to facility upgrades. The foundation is in a $6m fundraising campaign to buy a second MRI machine for Kingston General Hospital.

Financial Review:

University Hospitals Kingston Foundation is a Big-Cap charity with donations of $10.2m in F2015. Administrative costs are 15% of total revenues and fundraising costs are 21% of total donations. Total overhead costs come to 36%, falling within Ci’s reasonable range. UHKF has funding reserves of $61.6m that can cover program costs for 11.1 years. The charity’s funding reserves increased from $1.2m in F2013 to $54.7m in F2014 as UHKF merged with the hospital foundations of Kingston General Hospital, Providence Care Hospital and Hotel Dieu Hospital.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by the charity. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on August 15th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending March
Administrative costs as % of revenues 15.1%13.1%5.2%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 20.5%24.6%10.8%
Program cost coverage (%) 1,111.6%862.8%9.2%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 10,2409,51316,051
Goods in kind 0043
Business activities (net) 1982170
Investment income 4,8314,8310
Other income 16483
Total revenues 15,28514,56616,177
Grants 5,5396,33713,609
Administrative costs 1,5751,272842
Fundraising costs 2,0982,3441,727
Cash flow from operations 6,0734,6130
Funding reserves 61,57254,6741,249
Note: The charity’s F2014 financial statements are restated after the charity merged with the three hospital foundations. Ci excluded amortization of deferred capital contributions from the income statement. Ci also excluded gain on donation of property to qualified donee from the income statement. Ci removed amortization from administrative and fundraising costs.

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top