Fondation de l'Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont

270-5345 de L'Assomption Blvd.
Montreal, QC H1T 4B3
Executive Director: Lucie Drapeau
Board Chair: Jean Laurin

Charitable Reg. #:11930 4855 RR0001

STAR RATING

Ci's Star Rating is calculated based on the following independent metrics:

🔓
Unlock Charity Ratings

✔+

FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity’s website.

B

RESULTS REPORTING

Grade based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

n/r

DEMONSTRATED IMPACT

The demonstrated impact per dollar Ci calculates from available program information.

NEED FOR FUNDING

Charity's cash and investments (funding reserves) relative to how much it spends on programs in most recent year.

70%

CENTS TO THE CAUSE

For a dollar donated, after overhead costs of fundraising and admin/management (excluding surplus) 70 cents are available for programs.

You may also like:


Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Inspired by Research. Driven by Compassion.
Health - Hospital Foundation
Ottawa, ON


My anchor

Programs

About Fondation de l'Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont:

Founded in 1978, Fondation de l’Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont (FHMR) raises funds for patient care, research and equipment at Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont.  The hospital specializes in the fields of ophthalmology (study of eye diseases), immunology-oncology (cancer treatment) and nephrology (study of kidney diseases). It serves 668,000 people in Montreal. FHMR reports that 36% of the population suffers from at least one chronic illness and 16.7% of east-end Montreal’s population is over the age of 65.

In F2015, Fondation de l’Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont allocated $6.2m to the hospital. It spent $2.9m on purchasing equipment, $3m on research grants and $0.3m on teaching and training sessions. New equipment includes a $63,192 new neonatal unit that serves 550 premature babies each year and 4 hemodialysis machines for $90,000 each. FHMR also spent $50,000 on expanding the pediatrics unit. Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont contains the largest dialysis centre in Quebec, treating 76,500 patients each year. The foundation gives $50,000 to emerging researchers annually. In F2015, it gave a 5-year, $550,000 grant to Dr. Louis-Philippe Laurin to continue research on nephrology.  The foundation further granted $220,000 to diabetes research and $13,000 to ALS research.

In F2015, Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont was selected by the medical technology firm, Second Sight to become the first centre in Quebec to use synthetic eye implants. The bionic eye, or Argus II Retinal Prosthesis, costs $250,000 and offers a solution to Retinitis Pigmentosa, a leading cause of blindness affecting 1.2 million people worldwide and 13,000 in Canada.

My anchor

Finances

Fondation de l’Hopital Maisonneuve-Rosemont is a Big-Cap charity with donations of $17.9m in F2015. Administrative costs are 12% of total revenues and fundraising costs are 18% of total donations. Total overhead costs come to 30%, falling within Ci’s reasonable range. FHMR has funding reserves of $58.2m that can cover program costs for 9.4 years. Excluding donor-endowed funds of $31.5m, funding reserves can cover program costs for 5.8 years.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by the charity. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on July 25th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Review


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
201520142013
Administrative costs as % of revenues 11.5%9.3%11.1%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 18.1%17.5%21.1%
Program cost coverage (%) 941.1%536.0%647.4%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
201520142013
Donations 17,89318,77815,236
Investment income 2,0972,2704,355
Total revenues 19,99021,04819,592
Grants 6,1839,3446,700
Administrative costs 2,0511,7491,686
Fundraising costs 3,2423,2873,209
Cash flow from operations 8,5156,6687,996
Funding reserves 58,18650,08743,375

Note: Ci included change in fair value of investments in its revenues calculation, affecting revenues by ($1.2m) in F2015, $1.2m in F2014 and $2.6m in F2013. Charity Intelligence has analyzed the charity’s French audited financial statements to the best of our abilities but we recognize that detailed financial information is beyond our linguistic expertise. Material omissions may not be reflected in Charity Intelligence’s analysis.

Salary Information

Full-time staff: 17

Avg. Compensation $69,511

Top 10 staff salary range

$350k +
0
$300k - $350k
0
$250k - $300k
0
$200k - $250k
0
$160k - $200k
1
$120k - $160k
0
$80k - $120k
3
$40k - $80k
5
< $40k
1

Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2014

My anchor

Comments & Contact

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Charity Contact

Website: www.fondationhmr.ca
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Print