You may also like:
United Way of Regina
Change starts here.
Fundraising Organization
Regina, SK

Hospitals of Regina Foundation

#225 - 1874 Scarth Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B3
President & CEO: Dino Sophocleous
Board Chair: Blair Ross

Charitable Reg. #: 11911 4056 RR0001
Sector: Health - Hospital Foundation
Public Foundation

Results Reporting

Grade: C+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #0

Avg. Compensation $0

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 1
$80k - $120k 2
$40k - $80k 7
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2014

About Hospitals of Regina Foundation:

Founded in 1987, the Hospitals of Regina Foundation (HRF) works to improve health care in southern Saskatchewan. HRF raises funds for hospitals in Saskatchewan, notably Regina General Hospital, Pasqua Hospital and Wascana Rehabilitation Centre. It invests in medical equipment and technology, and contributes funds to research and education. In 2015, HRF gave out $8.3m in grants to hospitals.

HRF’s 4 main focus areas are respiratory diseases, cancer care, heart diseases and neonatal care. Hospitals of Regina Foundation reports that it assessed 1,200 men in its prostate cancer centre and funded more than 15,000 MRI tests. The charity also conducted 5,500 lung tests and monitored heart rates of 5,000 patients with heart problems. Last year, HRF trained 3,265 medical students in handling high risk situations. The number of medical students has been going up by 10-20% each year. The insurance company, Group Medical Services, has been a prime donor to HRF in the past years. GMS has contributed $1.5m to research to date. In March 2015, Hospitals of Regina Foundation opened up a new heart care clinic in partnership with GMS.

Financial Review:

Hospitals of Regina Foundation is a medium-sized charity with donations of $2.7m in F2015.  Administrative costs are 25% of revenues and fundraising costs are 10% of donations. Total overhead costs come to 35% and fall within Ci’s reasonable range. HRF has total funding reserves of $21.9m that can cover program costs for 2.6 years. Excluding donor-endowed funds, funding reserves cover program costs for 1.9 years.

This charity report is an update that is being reviewed by Hospitals of Regina Foundation. Changes and edits may be forthcoming.

Updated on May 30th, 2016 by Mirza Ali Shakir.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
Administrative costs as % of revenues 25.2%26.0%13.4%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 9.8%9.9%5.8%
Program cost coverage (%) 262.5%217.5%415.6%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 2,6674,5708,833
Government funding 102100102
Lotteries (net) 3,2313,1192,774
Investment income 6231,123627
Total revenues 6,6228,91212,335
Grants 8,34210,3916,048
Administrative costs 1,5142,0211,567
Fundraising costs 260452513
Cash flow from operations (3,494)(3,952)4,208
Funding reserves 21,89822,60025,136
Note: Ci reports revenues and expenses on a cash basis. Ci has adjusted total donations for changes in deferred revenues, decreasing revenues by $1.7m in F2015, $4.6m in F2014 and nil in F2013. 

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top