363 Chemin Portage
Grand-Sault, NB E3Z 1M2
President: Glenn Rioux
Board Chair: Simone Tardif

Charitable Reg. #:88965 4331 RR0001

STAR RATING

Ci's Star Rating is calculated based on the following independent metrics:

Not yet rated.

FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

Audited financial statements available only through official request for information from Charities Directorate.

NR

RESULTS REPORTING

Grade based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Good

DEMONSTRATED IMPACT

The demonstrated impact per dollar Ci calculates from available program information.

NEED FOR FUNDING

Charity's cash and investments (funding reserves) relative to how much it spends on programs in most recent year.

95%

CENTS TO THE CAUSE

For a dollar donated, after overhead costs of fundraising and admin/management (excluding surplus) 95 cents are available for programs.



My anchor

Programs

About Grand Falls Regional Food Bank:

Founded in 1997, the Grand Falls Regional Food Bank is a member of Food Banks of Canada and the New Brunswick Association of Food Banks. Grand Falls is a town located near the New Brunswick-Maine border, with a population of 5,700. The Food Bank is a participant of the NB Sharing Program, a province-wide fundraising effort that encourages customers to donate at participating stores. In addition to the food bank, the charity also runs a community kitchen and provides furniture. In F2012, it distributed approximately $900k worth of food.

This is a small charity with good impact. Given its size, Charity Intelligence will not be updating this information. 

If you are a donor and would like additional information, please contact the charity directly or Charity Intelligence to request an update.

Recent News: Grand Falls Regional Food Bank closed in February 2018 due to a lack of funding from the government and increased operating costs, according to this CBC article; however, community donations allowed it to reopen in March.

My anchor

Finances

The charity’s financial statements are unaudited. Administrative costs are 2% of revenues and the fundraising costs are 4% of total donations. In F2012, the charity has funding reserves of $11k, which cover 6% of annual program costs.

Financial Review


Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
201220112010
Administrative costs as % of revenues 1.5%1.8%1.6%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 3.3%2.1%3.4%
Program cost coverage (%) 6.2%29.0%5.0%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
201220112010
Donations 145,790112,942117,432
Goods in kind 867,887857,617711,290
Government funding 47,13647,13647,226
Investment income 61417
Total revenues 1,060,8191,017,709875,965
Program costs 1,053,152988,302848,783
Administrative costs 15,59618,10514,359
Fundraising costs 4,8772,3644,034
Other costs 1,7321,4621,030
Cash flow from operations (14,538)7,4767,760
Funding reserves 10,92132,4075,930

Note: The breakdown between program, fundraising, and administrative costs comes from the charity’s T3010 filing, as the financial statements do not provide a breakdown.

Salary Information

Full-time staff: 2

Avg. Compensation $46,552

Top 10 staff salary range

$350k +
0
$300k - $350k
0
$250k - $300k
0
$200k - $250k
0
$160k - $200k
0
$120k - $160k
0
$80k - $120k
0
$40k - $80k
1
< $40k
1

Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2016

My anchor

Comments & Contact

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity

Charity Contact

Website: n/a
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Print