CharityIntelligence Canada
You may also like:
East York Learning Experience
Assist adults seeking to improve their personal and working lives through programs in literacy and basic math and computer skills.
Toronto, ON

Learning Enrichment Foundation

116 Industry Street
Toronto, ON M6M 4L8
President: James McLeod
Treasurer: Arthur Kennedy

Charitable Reg. #: 11924 1859 RR0001
Sector: Education
Operating Charity

Results Reporting

Grade: C+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements available only upon request [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Full-time staff #193

Avg. Compensation $57,388

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 1
$80k - $120k 0
$40k - $80k 9
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2015

About Learning Enrichment Foundation:

Founded in 1978, Learning Enrichment Foundation serves the northwest Toronto community by providing services in child care, youth programs, settlement, language training, skill advancement, employment, and community enterprises.  The programs help 10,000 families every year and most of them take place at  116 Industry Street in Toronto, the charity's main office.  Child care services is the charity's main program, operating at 17 child care centres and 15 before and after school programs in Toronto.  The charity's child care services work with over 1,100 children aged 0 to 12 every day.  The child care programs   fully embrace Ontario’s proclaimed pedagogy for early learning, “How Does Learning Happen.”  In F2015, 73% of total revenue came from fees and donations to child care services.



Financial Review:

In F2015, Learning Enrichment Foundation spent 14% of revenues on administrative costs and 4% of donations on fundraising costs. Total overhead costs of 18% fall within Ci's reasonable range.

As of F2015, the charity has cash of $1.4m and mortgages of $658k, resulting in  funding reserves of $727k, which can cover annual programs for less than 1 month, indicating a severe funding need.

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by  Learning Enrichment Foundation.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
Administrative costs as % of revenues 13.7%12.3%12.2%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 3.8%13.5%8.3%
Program cost coverage (%) 4.6%4.6%3.0%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $000s
Donations 1,0029071,449
Government funding 5,7825,4065,296
Fees for service 11,96610,2339,518
Business activities (net) 143109107
Total revenues 18,89416,65516,371
Program costs 15,91914,39614,009
Administrative costs 2,5822,0452,002
Fundraising costs 38122120
Cash flow from operations 35592240
Funding reserves 727655425
Note: Other costs consist of bad debt from the charity's mortgages.