Inner City Home of Sudbury

251 Elm St
Sudbury, ON P3C 1V5
Executive Director: Mary Ali
Board President: Ron Didone

Charitable Reg. #: 89126 0184 RR0001
Sector: Social Services
Operating Charity

Charity Rating

[Charity Rating: 4/4]

Results Reporting

Grade: A+

The grade is based on the charity's public reporting of the work it does and the results it achieves.

Financial Transparency

Audited financial statements for current and previous years available on the charity's website [Audited financial statement for most recent year]

Need for Funding

Funding Reserves Program Costs

Spending Breakdown

Cents to the Cause

2013 2014 2015
For a dollar donated, cents funding the cause after fundraising and admin costs, excluding surplus.

Impact Rating: Fair

Full-time staff #1

Avg. Compensation $74,447

Top 10 Staff Salary Range

$350k + 0
$300k - $350k 0
$250k - $300k 0
$200k - $250k 0
$160k - $200k 0
$120k - $160k 0
$80k - $120k 0
$40k - $80k 1
< $40k 0
Information from most recent CRA Charities Directorate filings for F2014

About Inner City Home of Sudbury:

Established in 1986, Inner City Home of Sudbury maintains a personal approach to caring for the poor.  The charity operates as a food bank and feeds over 13k people a year, 20% of which are children.  The charity reports a low food waste of 2%.  According to the charity, with timely supply of food, 1 in 50 clients of the charity avoided a particularly tragic crisis — death, violence, criminal activity, or health impairment.

In order to solve the underlying issues of food insecurity, the charity provides counselling and life management courses to approximately 200 at-risk clients each year.  The charity partners with Donate-A-Car Canada and accepts vehicle donations.  With only 1 full-time and 4 part-time staff, the charity relies heavily on volunteers to run the programs and services.  In an average month in F2015, 70 volunteers worked 830 hours at the food bank.  


Financial Review:

In F2015, Inner City Home of Sudbury spent 12% of revenues on administrative costs and 5% of donations on fundraising costs. Total overhead costs of 17% fall within Ci's reasonable range.  The charity has funding reserves of $57k, which can cover annual programs for 5 months.  Program cost coverage dropped from 9 months in F2013 to 5 months in F2015 due to deficits in F2014 and F2015. 

Analysis updated by Ruoxi Gao in 2016, currently under review by the Inner City Home of Sudbury.

Financial Ratios

Fiscal year ending December
Administrative costs as % of revenues 11.7%11.4%8.1%
Fundraising costs as % of donations 5.0%3.4%2.7%
Program cost coverage (%) 37.8%66.4%73.6%

Summary Financial Statements

All figures in $s
Donations 112,190128,590153,886
Special events 22,68318,32029,270
Investment income 8241,2030
Total revenues 135,697148,113183,156
Program costs 151,376139,165150,867
Administrative costs 15,71716,70414,790
Fundraising costs 6,7754,9544,980
Other costs 746570584
Cash flow from operations (38,917)(13,280)11,935
Funding reserves 57,26492,425111,052
Note: The charity's F2015 T3010 filing was not posted on the CRA's website when this profile was created and compensation information is based on the charity's F2014 T3010 filing.  

Comments added by the Charity:

No comments have been added by charity
Go to top